Ornamental scarves and ponchos for ladies



A lady wearing scarf with pendants.


While shopping recently, I bought an ornamental scarf that is of great use. So, I thought I would share the details with you. The scarf is the one that is shown in the picture above.

For a busy office-going lady, this will be very useful, as it only needs to be twirled around the neck. No need to attach it with pins. It also covers the front of the body up to the tummy.

It has pendants on it, so it can serve the function of a necklace. So, no need to wear other ornaments. To look chic, just wear matching earrings. Some scarves of this type have pendants that can be detached, and we can replace them with one of our preferred choices.

(As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This page also contains other affiliate links, meaning I get a small commission if you buy through them, at no extra cost to you.)

I bought this from a shop. I wanted a few more . So, I searched on Amazon for the same type of scarf with necklace pendant beads. with necklace pendant beads. Click on this link, which takes you to the Amazon page from where you can buy the scarf.

Another type is ponchos, which we can easily make at home. 

Take a square piece of cloth of your choice. Fold it into four and cut a square of the required length from the corner, as shown below.

                                                     

A square piece of cloth folded twice and a small square piece cut off from the corner.




When you open it, it will be as shown in the picture below. 

The piece of cloth opened after cutting a square piece from corner.

Ensure that the hole is sufficiently wide to let the poncho pass through your neck, as shown below. Then stitch the sides of the square, and the poncho is ready.


The square piece of cloth fully opened saw that an opening is created through which neck can be inserted.

The picture below is of the ponchos that I made at home.

The lady wearing the ponchos after stitching all the corners and central square.

We can also buy these ponchos online from Amazon. There are different varieties of ponchos, including knitted, lace type, etc  which can be bought from this link: ponchos

How to wrap sarees and keep them in the wardrobe

If you keep sarees in the wardrobe for some time without using them, it is always better to wrap them in a cotton cloth. We don't need to go in search of a separate cotton cloth for that purpose. You can use the underskirt itself for this.

Spread the underskirt of the saree on a flat surface; on top of the bed is enough. Lift one fold from the bottom side and place the saree within. Fold from either side and from back to front. Then place the blouse on top of the underskirt, roll from the bottom, wrap from the sides, and keep it in the wardrobe.

It has many advantages:

  • It will save space in the wardrobe.
  • In an emergency, you don't need to go in search of a blouse and underskirt of the concerned saree, as they are wrapped up together. It will save time.
  • It will prevent damage to sarees, especially that of silk sarees.
I have shown the details of the method explained above in the video below.


                               


If you don't have spare underskirts at home to wrap your sarees, I have found this highly -rated Amazon Basics Cotton Canvas Storage Bag that uses the exact same breathable cotton concept. It has excellent user reviews for protecting heavy silk work. [ Click here to see the breathable canvas saree bag on Amazon] (Note: Make sure to double-check the physical label and product specifications on the page to confirm this matches your wardrobe dimensions).

Kasavu saree is worn by Keralite ladies during Onam season. The best thing I bought this time is a soft silk saree, which can be worn during Onam. It is cheap but retains quality. I washed the saree twice in the machine on the delicate option, but it didn't show any wrinkling or other issues. So I thought I would share it with others. I bought it from Amazon, and this is the link. Please check the soft silk saree.

Comments